1. MTCP cordially invites graduates (full time Masters) from the MTCP recipient countries for the Academic Year of 2021/2022:
2. Application deadline: 31 July 2021
1. All applications must be submitted through our online application system via the link https://biasiswa.mohe.gov.my/INTER/index.php
All the documents below are COMPULSORY and to be UPLOADED via online application (scanned and save as in PDF format):
a. Application Form;
b. A certified copy of Passport as evidence of nationality (minimum of 6 months’ validity);
c. A certified copy of Academic Transcript:
i. Record of all the courses taken throughout the degree programme must be reflected in the academic transcripts;
ii. Applicants must submit transcripts of their undergraduate studies; and
iii. Applicants must submit an official document issued by the applicants’ alma mater describing the university’s grade system. If an applicant’s transcript does not include information on CGPA, marks or score percentile. Documents must be certified.
d. A certified copy of English Language Proficiency tests (TOEFL or IELTS);
e. Letter of Recommendation from two (2) referees;
f. Endorsement Form;
g. Admission letter from Malaysia University (if applicable);
h. Curriculum Vitae; and
i. Medical examination form.
1. Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme (MTCP) Scholarship applicants must COMPLY to the following criteria:
a. Not more than 45 years old at the time of application
b. For Master’s Degree Program, applicants should obtain a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a minimum CGPA of 3.5 at Undergraduate Degree level.
c. Proof of English Language Proficiency:
i. Scanned copy of the original proof of English Language Proficiency such as IELTS (minimum total score 6.0); or TOEFL paper-based test with a score of 500 or an internet-based test with a score of 60; or
ii. Applicants obtaining Degrees with English as medium of instructions may also be accepted (evidence is a prerequisite).
d. Has an excellent level of health certified by a doctor/physician. The cost of the medical check-up shall be fully borne by the applicant.
e. Scholars must undertake full-time study for postgraduate programs at the selected Higher Learning Institutions (Please refer List of Universities).
f. Applications are only open to candidates who have received offer letters from universities in Malaysia but have not yet started their studies or those who have registered for no more than one semester for a Master's Degree.
*Full time postgraduate students [Master’s Degree Programme] for the Academic Year of 2021/2022
1. Universiti Malaya (UM)
2. Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
3. Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
4. Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
5. Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
6. Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP)
7. Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM)
8. Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UNIMAP)
9. Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
10. Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)
11. Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
12. Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP)
13. Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT)
14. Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
15. Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (UPSI)
16. Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM)
17. Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTEM)
18. Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM)
19. Universiti Malaysia Kelantan (UMK)
20. Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin (UNISZA)
1. This scholarship covered:
Method of Payment: Participants will receive allowances and other benefits as mentioned above from the Scholarship Division, Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia through their individual savings accounts. Students are advised to open a Bank Islam Malaysia Berhad account.
Priority will be given to the following areas of study:
1. Economics and Banking
2. Business Management
3. Science and Technology (not including nursing, medicine, clinical pharmacy)
4. International Relations and Diplomacy
5. Public Policy and Governance
6. Agriculture and Livestock
7. Social Science
*Applicants may choose any related course within the areas mentioned above
Applications will be considered according to the following selection criteria:
1. High-level academic achievement.
2. Excellent communication, writing and reading skills in English Language.
1. Scholars must undertake full-time study for postgraduate Master’s Degree Programmes at the selected Higher Learning Institutions (Please refer List of Universities). It is the responsibility of the scholars to confirm admission to the university.
2. Scholars must not change their programme during tenure of the scholarship except with written permission from the university and the MTCP Secretariat.
3. Scholars must follow the approved programmes and are abide by the university’s rules, regulations and codes of conduct.
4. Any suspension from the university will result in immediate suspension of award. Monthly allowances are not payable during suspension.
5. It is the responsibility of successful candidates to apply and meet the requirements for the issuing of an appropriate entry visa including medical examination. The offer of the scholarship does not guarantee the granting of a visa. Further information and application details are available at https://visa.educationmalaysia.gov.my.
6. Scholars must maintain satisfactory progress and good standing as stipulated by their host university or the scholarship will be withdrawn.
7. The scholarships are tenable in Malaysian Universities and research must be carried out in Malaysia.
8. Scholars are not allowed to take any paid employment during their tenure unless with written approval from the host university and the MTCP Secretariat.
For further enquiries regarding MTCP Scholarship, please contact:
International Cooperation And Development Division
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Level 2, Wisma Putra 1
No.1 Jalan Wisma Putra, Precint 2,
Phone: +603-8887 4563
(8.30 am – 4.30 pm Malaysia time / Monday - Friday)
E-mail : email@example.com
Ministry of Higher Education
Level 2, No 2, Tower 2
Jalan P5/6, Precinct 5
Phone: +603-8888 1616 (Hotline) / +603-8870 6368
(8.30 am – 4.30 pm Malaysia time / Monday - Friday)
For any technical assistance regarding MTCP Scholarship application form; please submit your e-mail with screen-shot to : firstname.lastname@example.org