1. MOHE cordially invites graduates (full time Master/ PhD) from the following nations for the Academic Year of 2021/2022:
i. Brunei Darussalam
iii. Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste
vi. Lao PDR
xi. Kingdom of Morocco
2. Application deadline: 30th April 2021
1. All applications must be submitted through our online application system via the link https://biasiswa.mohe.gov.my/INTER/index.php
All the documents below are COMPULSORY and to be UPLOADED via online application (scanned and save as in PDF format):
a. Application Form;
b. A certified copy of Passport as evidence of nationality (minimum of 6 months’ validity);
c. A certified copy of Academic Transcript:
i. Record of all the courses taken throughout the degree programme must be reflected in the academic transcripts;
ii. Applicants must submit transcripts of their undergraduate studies; and
iii. Applicants must submit an official document issued by the applicants’ alma mater describing the university’s grade system. If an applicant’s transcript does not include information on CGPA, marks or score percentile. Documents must be certified.
d. A certified copy of English Language Proficiency;
e. Letter of Recommendation from two (2) referees;
f. Endorsement Form;
g. Admission letter from Malaysia University (if applicable);
h. Curriculum Vitae; and
i. Research Proposal
1. Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS), applicants must COMPLY to the following criteria: Applicants must COMPLY with the following criteria:
a. Not more than 40 and 45 years of age for Master and PhD respectively.
b. For Master’s Degree Program, applicants should obtain a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a minimum CGPA of 3.5 at Bachelor Degree level.
c. For PhD Program, applicants should obtain a minimum CGPA of 3.5 or very good result at Master’s degree level in a similar field of intended PhD study.
d. Proof of English Language Proficiency:
i. Scanned copy of the original proof of English Language Proficiency such as IELTS (minimum total score 6.5); or TOEFL internet-based test, iBT (minimum total score of 92); or
ii. Applicants obtaining Degrees with English as medium of instructions may also be accepted (evidence is a prerequisite).
e. Submission of a written proposal with minimum of 1,000 words that is relevant to the field of studies.
*Full time postgraduate students [(Master/ PhD) courses] for the Academic Year of 2021/2022*
1. Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
2. Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
3. Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
4. Universiti Malaya (UM)
5. Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM)
6. Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM/IIUM)
7. Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
8. Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
9. Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM)
10. Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTEM)
11. Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM)
12. Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (UPSI)
13. Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT)
14. Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
15. Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP)
16. Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
17. Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UNIMAP)
18. Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin (UNISZA)
19. Universiti Pertahanan Nasional Malaysia (UPNM)
20. Universiti Malaysia Kelantan (UMK)
21. Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP)
22. Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN)
23. Multimedia University (MMU)
24. International Centre For Education In Islamic Finance (INCEIF)
1. This scholarship is limited to tuition fees and monthly living allowance of RM 1,500.00 per month.
2. Successful applicants are expected to independently arrange their travel to Malaysia (non-financial provisions). Travel expenses will not be provided by the Government of Malaysia.
3. All applicants are highly advised to check the expected living expenses in Malaysia.
Priority will be given to the following areas of study:
1. Science and Engineering
2. Agriculture and Fisheries
3. Economics and Islamic Finance
4. Information and Communication Technology
6. Biosecurity and Food Safety
7. Infrastructure and Utility
8. Environmental Studies
9. Health not including nursing, medicine, clinical pharmacy
*Applicants may choose any related course within the areas mentioned above
Applications will be considered according to the following selection criteria:
1. High-level academic achievement.
2. The quality of the research proposal and its potential contribution towards advancement of technology and human well-being.
3. Excellent communication, writing and reading skills in English Language.
1. Scholars must undertake full-time study for postgraduate programs at the selected Higher Learning Institutions (Please refer List of Universities). It is the responsibility of the scholars to confirm admission to the university.
2. Scholars must not change their programme during tenure of the scholarship except with written permission from the university and the Ministry of Higher Education.
3. Scholars must follow the approved programmes and are abide by the university’s rules, regulations and codes of conduct.
4. Any suspension from the university will result in immediate suspension of award. Monthly allowances are not payable during suspension.
5. It is the responsibility of successful candidates to apply and meet the requirements for the issuing of an appropriate entry visa including medical examination. The offer of the scholarship does not guarantee the granting of a visa. Further information and application details are available at https://visa.educationmalaysia.gov.my
6. Scholars must maintain satisfactory progress and good standing as stipulated by their host university or the scholarship will be withdrawn.
7. The scholarships are tenable in Malaysian Universities and research must be carried out in Malaysia.
8. Scholars are not allowed to take any paid employment during their tenure unless with written approval from the host university.
For further enquiries regarding MIS Scholarship, please contact:
Ministry of Higher Education
Level 2, No 2, Tower 2
Jalan P5/6, Precinct 5
Phone: +603-8888 1616 (Hotline) / +603-8870 6368
(8.30 am – 4.30 pm Malaysia time / Monday - Friday)
For any technical assistance regarding MIS application form; please submit your e-mail with screen-shot to : firstname.lastname@example.org